Content marketing is broken. B2B buyers (83%) are drowning in too much content. And only 9% trust vendor content, like white papers, when they do read it.
So what is working? User-generated content (UGC) – unbridled, raw, authentic content created by customers, for (future) customers. With B2B buyers scouring social networks, online reviews and third-party sources for authentic content to inform their purchasing decisions, marketers need to infuse a trustworthy voice every step of the way.
In Inspiring Customers To Create Content For You: A Marketer’s Guide, successful marketers explain in their own words how they:
- Engage customers to improve their content ideas and strategy
- Save time and resources by getting customers to create content
- Increase the reach of their content through their customer’s social networks
- Inspire customers to create valuable UGC on third-party websites
– Taylor Moore, Content Marketing Manager at TouchBistro
– Chris Peltz, Business Operations Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software
– Davin Wilfrid, Senior Marketing Manager at QuickBase, Inc.